Elden Ring is a brand new action-RPG developed by FromSoftware and published by Bandai Namco, and it brings back that same chunky Souls combat that fans should be very familiar with. The game also features a large open-world, with unique NPCs to meet who all come with intricate backstories and questlines. Here’s what to do with the Weathered Dagger in Elden Ring.
Getting the Weathered Dagger in Elden Ring
First things first, you’ll need to obtain the Weathered Dagger before you can actually do anything with it. After progressing through the story and reaching the Altus Plateau for the first time –whether through the ravine side path or via the Grand Lift of Dectus— head back to Roundtable Hold and speak with Fia.
Make sure to let her hold you, and you’ll be able to select a new dialogue option where she asks you for a favor. She’ll then hand over the Weathered Dagger and ask you to return it to its rightful owner.
Do note that this next part of the article contains spoilers for Fia’s questline and some major areas in the game.
Using the Weathered Dagger in Fia’s Questline
- With the Weathered Dagger in your possession, speak with D in the Roundtable Hold and give it to him.
D will tell you that he is not the rightful owner, but that he knows who it is and will return it on your behalf.
- Reload the Roundtable Hold and head through the doors just past Hewg and Roderika.
- Speak with Fia and pick up the Twinned armor set, then head to Nokron, the Eternal City.
Nokron becomes available after you’ve beaten Radahn, and you can access the area by dropping through the crater that appears near Fort Haight.
- Progress through Nokron until you reach the Siofra Aqueduct and beat the boss there.
- Rest in the coffin after beating the boss to get to Deeproot Depths.
- Progress through this area to find a boss encounter with Fia herself.
Upon defeating her, tell her that you want to be hugged, and she’ll ask you to get the Cursemark of Death. This is a key item that you’ll get while progressing through Ranni’s questline.
- Give Fia the Cursemark of Death, then interact with her to trigger a new boss fight.
Completing this fight will reward you with the Mending Rune of the Death-Prince, which allows you to unlock one of the game’s alternate endings.
That’s all you need to know about what to do with the Weathered Dagger and how to complete Fia’s NPC questline in Elden Ring. Be sure to check our guide wiki for more tips and information on the game.