Below we’re going to outline the exact steps you need to take in order to top up your cash reserves in Farming Simulator 22. It’s important to point out that, while this makes the game far easier, it also essentially defeats any and all “difficulty”. Instead of giving yourself infinite money, you could instead use this method to quickly get yourself out of debt when in a tight situation, in order to make the game more enjoyable after a handful of mistakes.
However you wish to play Farming Simulator 22, you can use the below advice to top up your cash whenever you need it. Hey, if the banks can do it, why not you too? Unfortunately, this method does not work with the current console versions, so console players will have to work a lot harder for their money. That’s what we call PC privilege.
The below instructions do require you to open up your save files. If you feel uncomfortable doing this, perhaps give up on cheating, as this can ruin your save data if you do something wrong.
- First, you will need an existing Farming Simulator 22 save file. Remember which save slot you used.
- On your PC, navigate to the This PC folder, and open Documents, my games, FarmingSimulator2022, and then open the folder with your save data in. This will be titled “savegameX” with the X being the number of the save slot you used.
- In your savegame folder, find the “farms” file. Right-click, select Open With and open the file with Notepad.
- 4. This will open the XML document in plain text. Near the top of the document is where the information for “money” is stored. You can use Ctrl+F and search for “money” to make it easy to find if you’re unfamiliar with HTML.
- The code will look like this: ‘money=”X.000000″‘. You can change that X into any number you want, and that will be how much cash you have available in-game.
- Save the Notepad file, replacing the file you originally opened. It has to still be the same XML document file, with the same name.
- Once that’s done, close your folders, and reopen Farming Simulator 22. If everything went well, you should have as much money as you typed.
This is a very simple and accessible way to get as much money as you can dream of in Farming Simulator 22, and also happens to work across some older Farming Simulator games on PC, too. If a similar method becomes available for console versions of the game, you’ll read about it first on FTW.
Written by Dave Aubrey on behalf of GLHF.